New Member Introductions

Homepage Forums Members Area GENERAL B.S. New Member Introductions

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    david payne
    Participant

Gary Nielsen: HAVE YOU OR YOUR MECHANIC “CHECKED” (?) “ALL” of the “FLYWHEEL” “TEETH” (?) ; to see “IF” (?) ANY of the
    “FLY WHEEL ” TEETH ARE BROKEN (?) ; MISSING (?) OR CHEWED UP (?). NOTE: IF (?) some of the FLY WHEEL TEETH ARE “BROKEN” (?) ; “MISSING” (?) or “CHEWED” “UP” (?) ; the teeth for your STARTER BENDIX DRIVE GEAR , “MIGHT” “NOT” engage the flywheel teeth and TURN OVER the HERCULES engine, for your DIAMOND T TRUCK, some of the time.

david payne
    Participant

Gary Nielsen: ARE THE “TEETH” on the STARTER for your DIAMOND T TRUCK in “GOOD” (?) CONDITION. HAVE YOU HAD YOUR STARTER
    “TESTED” (?). IF THE STARTER “FAILS” A BENCH TEST ; THE STARTER “MIGHT” (?) NEED A REBUILT (?).

Louise E
    Participant

Hi, I am new as of today! Main reason for joining is I have a 1933 sitting in my yard for the past 9 years and I need it gone! Going to be difficult to sort with our MTO up here in Canada. Anyone that can assist or is interested I would be very grateful to. I’m at wits end and may end up calling scrap yard to pick it up if they will! Give me a shout sooner than later boys!

Louise E
    Participant

Just a bit more info.
    Truck says 1937 on paint detail on body
    Plate in engine compartment has the following info:
    Chassis # 18901
    Chassis Model # 244D
    Can’t find any other numbers without crawling under it. A friend says it looks like an eagle on the oil pan. Has an official AFL-CLO sticker and original fire hoses and siren are on the truck. Really need to figure out how to move this thing, or consider salvaging parts off it. Lots of chrome in fairly decent shape, some items would need re-chroming. Let me know if anyone can help. Located in Toronto. Ontario. Canada.

Cliff
    Participant

Post some photos; if it looks usable, someone may pay you for the privilege of hauling it away.

Louise E
    Participant

Cliff, the photo I am using for my profile is a pic of it about 8 years ago. It was running then, started no problem, husband drove it around the block with the siren going!!!
    Has sat now for some time so need to lubricate everything before we try to start it. Would like to get some money but without papers not sure if its possible.
    Not sure how to add any other pics.

david payne
    Participant

Louise E : THE DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY SERIAL NUMBER (today called the V.I.N. number) is located on a plate (metal) , on the right side of the cowl (passenger side), under the hood. “AND” ON THE “OUTSIDE” OF THE “RIGHT FRAME MEMBER” ABOUT 3 FEET “BACK” OF THE FRONT END OF THE FRAME. “EXAMPLE” of Factory Data Plate Information: CHASSIS NO. 18901 ; CHASSIS MODEL 244D ; MAX. SPEED ?? ; chassis wt. ???? ; MAX. PERMISSABLE GROSS WT. – including – chassis – cab – body and load – MUST NOT EXCEED ???? POUNDS.
    “1936” DIAMOND T TRUCK MODEL { “244” } DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY SERIAL NUMBERS 18383 TO 19268 (page 234). Note: your DIAMOND T TRUCK {COULD HAVE} came from the DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY to the Dealer in 1936 and (“NOT”) have been “SOLD” AND REGISTERED ( TITLED ) by the DIAMOND T TRUCK DEALER until 1937. NOTE: my 1939 BRANHAM AUTOMOBILE REFERENCE BOOK , page 234 , DOES (“NOT”) LIST THE SERIAL NUMBERS FOR THE MODEL 244 for (“1937” , page 234). (“1938”) DIAMOND T TRUCK MODEL {“244D”} , FACTORY SERIAL NUMBERS 26417 to 26589 ( page 235).
    NOTE: THE DIAMOND T TRUCK MODEL 244 for (“1937”) { should be , I WOULD THINK } FACTORY SERIAL NUMBERS between :
    19269 to 26416.

Louise E
    Participant

So David, if I give my local MTO the chassis and model number they can use that to see if its in their system? What number would go first as typically the VIN is quite long? I am trying to see if it was registered and if so if I can get papers in order to find a new buyer. Would the number be the entire combination of all from plate
    Chassis:18901
    Chassis Model:244D
    Max Speed:51
    Chassis Weight:5700
    Exceed:13000

Therefore 18901244D51570013000

Bill Fisher

I’m thinking that if you give your local MTO a visit they will surely help you sort it out. There might be a Bill of Sale when your husband bought the truck from the previous owner (I’m thinking the radio station). Also if you get a letter from a certified auto dealer to verify the vehicle VIN (Chassis Number and related info from the plate) as well as getting an appraisal from a government approved vintage car appraiser on the Ontario government appraisal form, you may be able to get a new ownership for it in your name. That will also give you an idea of what the truck is worth!
    That’s the information that they (the MTO) gave me.

david payne
    Participant

Louise E : NOTE: THE DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY { “SERIAL NUMBER” “18901”} (also known as the “CHASSIS Number” “18901”} on your DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY DATA PLATE ; “18901” would be the V.I.N no. for your Diamond T Truck Chassis Model 244D.
    THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS ; NO , the V.I.N. NUMBER WOULD BE { “18901” } ( NOT the ENTIRE COMBINATION of ALL the Numbers from the FACTORY DATA PLATE. FOR YOUR INFORMATION: THE { V.I.N. no. “18901” ; CHASSIS no. “118901” ; FACTORY SERIAL no. “18901”} is a DIAMOND T FACTORY “PRODUCTION” “NUMBER” { “how many” } , MODEL 244’s produced in 1936. “TOTAL” PRODUCTION of MODEL 244’s for 1936 is “885” . Note: THE Serial Numbers for the 1936 Diamond T Truck Model 244 range from: 18383 to 19268 ; (19268 – 18383 = “885” ). TITLE INFORMATION : V.I.N. no. “18901” ( Chassis no. “18901” , Diamond T Factory Serial no. “18901” ) ; MODEL : 244D ; YEAR : 1936 ; note: your DIAMOND T TRUCK may not have been “Sold” and “Registered” { TITLED } by the DIAMOND T TRUCK DEALER until 1937 ; PRODUCED IN 1936 ; SOLD IN 1937.

Bill Fisher

Welcome Louise E, glad you joined and please keep in touch. we’d sure like updates on your quest.

Bill Fisher

Welcome to the forum Halvor Filtvedt. Glad you stopped by. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your interest in Diamond T’s.

david payne
    Participant

NOTICE: I HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL ( MONDAY 11/2/2015 ) FROM Louise E. OWNER OF A 1937 DIAMOND T MODEL 244D , FIRE RESCUE TRUCK, ( that was for sale ) THE TRUCK HAS BEEN “SOLD”.

Doug Jewell
    Participant

Hi – My name is Doug Jewell and I live outside of Verona WI which is close to Madison. I just purchased a 1948 – 201 in FL and had it delivered to WI the first week of Jan. This is my first Diamond T purchase so I’m a little overwhelmed right now.
    I have already found lots of good information on this message board and will continue to look it over for knowledge, but please excuse me if I ask redundant questions that have been answered earlier.

Bill Fisher

Welcome to the forum Doug!Keep us posted with your ideas and progress!.
    Cheers
    Bill

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.