Pressure Plate Info Required

Homepage Forums Members Area Looking for parts Pressure Plate Info Required

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Wareham
    Participant

Good day all!

Currently well into a restoration of a 1940 Model 201. Truck needs a pressure plate but the original has gone walkabout sometime in the last 80 years. Would anyone be able to give me a part # for the pressure plate and/or direction to where I may find one? All I know at this point is that it is a Borg and Beck brand, truck has a T9 trans with a 10 spline shaft, and the mounting holes on the flywheel are 6×11.5″.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!

david payne
    Participant

Mike Wareham: 1940 model 201 DIAMOND T Truck { Need PRESSURE PLATE }(BORG and BECK). FOR YOUR INFORMATION; TOM WARREN (vintage trucks) sells { some } NEW and USED DIAMOND T Truck PARTS. TOM WARREN ( vintage trucks ) 1620 South Johnson Street, AMARILLO , TEXAS , 79102 . PHONE : ( 806 ) 374 – 3056 MONDAY – SATURDAY 9 A.M. – 6 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
    TOM WARREN ALSO SELLS REPLACEMENT RUBBER PARTS for 1934 – 1949 DIAMOND T Trucks. WEB SITE: http://www.diamondtrubber.com
    David Payne

david payne
    Participant

Mike Wareham : FOR YOUR INFORMATIOM ;(information from) DIAMOND T truck Model 201 MASTER PARTS LIST(updated as of October 3 , 2002;Compiled by Allan Garber (RESTORING 1938 MODEL 80 {3/4 TON} and 1948 MODEL 201 {1 TON} DIAMOND T Trucks) 10/3/2002.
    1948 MODEL 201 DIAMOJND T TRUCK ; CLUTCH : Borg and Beck 10A-7 dry plate ( 10 inch ) manufactured by Borg and Beck Division of Borg-Warner Corporation , Chicago. Throw out bearing : BCA 2065 ; Pilot bearing : Chicago Rawhide CR6204-2ZJ.
    MY COMMENT : CHECK YOUR APPLICATION. David Payne

david payne
    Participant

Mike Wareham : FOR YOUR INFORMATION ; SPECIFICATIONS { DIAMOND T truck FACTORY , Model 201 Section , Page 3 } MODEL 201; Nominal Rating : 1 TON ; Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight 8,000 lbs. Effective August 2,1948.Standard Specification Model 201.
    Clutch Borg & Beck 10A-7 single dry-plate , nominal diameter 10″ , lining area 94 1/4″ SQUARE INCH. Transmission : Warner T9 , 4-speed in unit with clutch and engine. Transmission reductions : 1st… 6.4 ; 2nd…3.09 ; 3rd… 1.69 ; 4th…1.00 ; REVERSE…7.82 . DAVID PAYNE

Mike Wareham
    Participant

Appreciate all the info and direction David! Hopefully Mr. Warren has what I need!

AlexFum
    Participant

There are virtually no service parts available for pressure plates, only new or rebuilt ones. The rebuilders do not sell pressure plate parts, they sell rebuilt pressure plates.
    Lavoy

AlexFum
    Participant

I dont intend to use it…we only want it for some R & D on a clutch were trying to piece together for a 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C. Its got a 9″ flywheel with a really deep dish. There will be some cutting and welding required but we need to determine if the Volvo clutch is actually a candidate. I see some old Vanagons used a 228mm dished flywheel too. Might have to track down a pressure plate from one of those and see how it fits…

A guy on FB offered to loan me one but he hasnt responded. Maybe I can pick yours up today? I think I can get your info from Matt…

AlexFum
    Participant

Hey guys. I finally got the right steering clutch/ brake drum assembly out. I noticed there were some springs broken on the pressure plate but the frictions part of the pressure plate looks good. Have any of yall ever replaced the springs in the pressure plate to keep from buying a new one? If so how did it go and where did you get the springs from?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.