New Member Introductions

Homepage Forums Members Area GENERAL B.S. New Member Introductions

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Bill Fisher

Welcome to the DiamondTClassics forum! It’s a great place for all those interested in sharing information and stories about these classic trucks. Whether you have a Diamond T or are just interested in learning more about these great old trucks, drop by and tell us a little about yourself

Bill Fisher

Well, let me introduce myself. I’m Bill or pogobill. The Pogo part of my name comes from a mine that I was involved in developing up in Alaska some years ago. The Pogo Mine. That was a long time ago, just when the internet came into being!
    Many years before that ( 1987), I was involved in the development of an underground mine in the Okanagan area of British Columbia, Canada. This is were I first saw a Diamond T Truck! It was sitting on the side of the road leading up the mountain to the mine site. She didn’t have any paint left on her`, but it sure was a handsome truck. I had all the intentions in the world to find the owner and see if I could purchase the truck, but being shipped off to another project, I never followed up!
    Fast forward through time when the boys have grown and gone, the waist line has increased with my age, and although all my hair is still there, it now has a mind of its own, and it hasnt made up its mind as what colour it wants to be. In the mean time, I found a great old47 Diamond T 509 S in Missouri, so the wife and I did a three day marathon trip (970 miles / 1560 Kms) down to look at the truck, and bought it! We had a great visit with the owners, made some great friends and learned a little history about the truck as well. I now had a Diamond T of my own!
    Been a lot of work preparing to get to work on the truck, and after getting set up in town to start work, we sold the place. Bought a nice little acreage with no more than a house and a shed, so I had to start building over again. Built a barn so the wife could bring the horses “home” and put up a shelter and a ton of fence. Finally got at building the garage and finished the structure last fall (2013). This year with a bit of landscaping and working on setting up the inside of the garage, I’m just about ready to put the old girl in the shop and start the work on her.

Olivia and the DiamondT

This is a peek at the Truck and another passion of mine…. Tractors!

Well, that’s a little bit about me, at least were my name came from, and how I got to love these great old trucks!
    Long winded perhaps, but glad to share a little. How about some of you new people? Do you have a story or how about just introducing yourself! And you old timers…. why don’t you jump in and remind us who you are!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Bill Fisher. Reason: Picture addition / edit
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Bill Fisher.
    mike dayton
    Participant

Hi I am new to this site am looking for info on the general value of a 36 model 80 I am thinking of buying, fairly rust free running last year then parked but needs work. Will post pictures if I can figure out how

Toolslinger
    Participant

Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall….

Hi, I’m Tim. Formerly Toolslinger on the prior board… Perhaps I’ll get back to that at some point, but apparently my email provider is blocking anything and everything that comes from this site for some reason… Had to register with an alternative email, and name. Highly irritating.

Regardless… I’m still working on our 404 slowly. Last time I was out there, we got it running again. Hadn’t been in some time. Also put the newly rebuilt running lights on the cab, and was going to reinstall the sheet metal piece above the windshield, but the screws went missing in the years it has been off. Has stainless now to reinstall. With that will go newly replaced rear view mirrors inside. Not that you can see much out the rear window, but at least it’ll look right again. The replacement carb I put on it still isn’t right, so I brought the original back to my house, and got the rebuild kit. That will go back on next time, and hopefully we’ll be back in business with that… That thing was “rebuilt” by pros a couple times, and was never right. When I pulled it apart, I could see why. I don’t think it was ever actually opened up before. All the gaskets were ancient. If I could find out who my folks paid to do that the last couple times, I’d have their heads on a plate… How difficult is it to actually rebuild a carb someone is paying you to do.
    One rear brake is still dragging badly, so that will be the next major headache to tackle. Shoes got wet with brake fluid in the past, and I guess they swelled enough to really cause issues. I was hoping they’d settle down a bit after drying out, or just wear in, but they’re just grabbing too much to live with. I am not looking forward to that process. I really don’t like dealing with brake issues…

So there’s the re-introduction…
    Cheers,
    -Tim

Bill Fisher

Hey Toolslinger, Great to hear from you again. Glad you’re back.

Bill Fisher

Welcome to the forum Mike, Glad you got on board!

Bill Fisher

WOW we’ve had a few new members, and still no one whats to get on board and introduce themselves! It would be great to get to know a few of the group, new and old. We all have the same sorts of interests, otherwise we wouldn’t be here!
    So, drop by and drop a line or two in the forum and let us know what you have, what you’d like to have, or what seems to interest you in these great old classic Diamond T Trucks!
    Looking forward to hearing some stories!

Toolslinger
    Participant

First let me second the welcome to the new folks.
    Next, if you’re here looking for info, ask away. I’m not much help, I’ll admit, but there are folks here that do in fact have a clue, and yea, we’re all here for the same reason… (unless you’re a spammer, in which case we’ll hunt you down, and slowly drive one of our trucks over your fingers)
    There is also a ton of info in the archives, that we all hope is making its way to this newly built site.
    -Tim

Clay king
    Participant

Hi let me introduce myself, my name is clay I live In upstate South Carolina I have a diamond t (1958) road tractor in great shape for its age runs awesome I googled the name to kind of get an idea what it is worth I have always been interested in these old classics

Bill Fisher

Welcome to the forum Clay, great to hear from you. Sounds like a pretty awesome truck you have there, do you still work it much, or is it mostly a hobby truck these days?

Bill Fisher

Well, it seems we have had quite a few new enthusiasts join since I was last over this way. That is great! Please stop by and tell us a little about your interest in these great old trucks. It sure would be nice to hear from all you others, instead of having to listen to me and all my ramblings!! I think you’d all agree with that!!
    Cheers and jump on in
    Bill

Todd Simmers
    Participant

I am new, and will introduce myself. My name is Todd, and I am from North Western, PA.

I ended up here searching for information about our fire department’s 34 Diamond T fire truck.

I can’t find much information about it, other than it looks exactly like the one from Alcatraz Island.

I will attempt to attach a picture of it to this message.

It runs and drives well, we have plans this spring to go over the brakes to make sure they are reliable. The truck looks to be mostly original. It is a solid truck as it had been sitting inside for its entire life. It looks decent for a 80 year old truck that worked all its life.

It was our departments original truck so it is called #1. Story I heard was that we reluctantly sold the truck back in the early 70s because we did not have room to keep it inside when a new truck replaced it. Quite a few years ago the guy that bought it passed away and I guess the family had no interest in it, and somehow it was returned to us.

I will not browse you website, and I am sure I might have some questions.

Thanks

Todd

Todd Simmers
    Participant

I meant I will NOW browse your website!

Bill Fisher

Welcome to the site Todd, sounds like a great truck you have there! What a bonus having one in such good shape. Post some pictures when you can.
    Cheers
    Bill

Bill Fisher

The membership is growing! New members coming on board almost every day. Some interesting stories and trucks out there I bet! Jump on in here and share a little bit about yourself and your interest in Diamond T.
    Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.