Need Some Help – Model 80

Homepage Forums Members Area Sharing my little bit of knowledge! Need Some Help – Model 80

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Geojunkie
    Participant

I am putting new tires on my model 80. I have the stock 4.5″ x 16″ rims, although the bare rim without lock ring measures 5″ wide. So far, most authentic looking tire I can find is BFGoodrich Silvertown 7.00 x 16 blackwall. I have the deluxe wheel covers. I have 3 questions:

1 – Anyone have experience with that tire on the model 80 before I take the plunge and buy 5?
    2 – How in the world do you remove those deluxe wheel covers without bending them?
    3 – My tire valve stems didn’t protrude out thru the deluxe wheel cover as it appears it would take a special tube with a 90 deg angle on the valve stem. I sure don’t want to be removing those wheel covers just to air my tires. When I buy new tubes for my new tires, how can I get something that will protrude the valve stem out of the wheel cover?

Surely there is some experience that can help me. Would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Fred Engelhard
    Participant

I will try to help first 700 16 will fit fine and look much nice then the 6.50 16 it came with. Next getting the wheel cover hubcaps are like mine the remanned made in China. Nice looking caps but just a little tight. And supper hard to get off and no safe way too remove just take your time. Now got to your truck tire shop they have little hoses that go not the valve stem and then nut to the hubcap. RV and one tons use them. Hope this helps.
    Fred
    Still having fun working on my 201

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.