Need Engine for 211

Homepage Forums Members Area Looking for parts Need Engine for 211

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dwr
    Participant

Trying to restore a ’35 DT 211 with bad engine. Truck has probably original Hercules JXA. Anyone know of one out there? Would one of the other Herc’s (JXD, for example) fit?

Thanks

Day Radebaugh
    dayradebaugh@hotmail.com
    316-323-9432

david payne
    Participant

INFORMATION FROM: 16 EDITION HOLLANDER INTERCHANGE MANUAL ; PAGE 271 , MOTOR INDEX , MOTORS 1932 – 1938 DIAMOND T TRUCKS,
    (to include) MODEL 211A , WITH HERCULES MODEL J X A MOTOR, PAGE 275 REFERENCE # 354 HERCULES MODEL J X A MOTOR. NOTE: HERCULES MODELS : J X A , J X B , J X C , J X D MOTORS INTERCHANGE IN DIAMOND T TRUCKS.

david payne
    Participant

1935 MODEL 211 FOR SALE , ENGINE and TRANSMISSION , { NOT installed } they are “available” , Diamond T Truck for sale $14,500 { without } engine/transmission ; (or) $15,500 { with } original engine / transmission ( from this truck ). pictures: 16.
    seller: TRACY KROON , PHONE: ( 406 ) 578 – 200 ; DIAMOND T TRUCK LOCATION : WILSALL , MONTANA 59086 ;
    note: this DIAMOND T TRUCK { Ad # 1781563 } LISTED FOR SALE on the hemmings.com/classifieds/search-form ; ( search list: Diamond T Truck.

Fredpuhn
    Participant

Day,
    I highly recommend getting a JXD engine if you can. They are used in many other vehicles plus farm machinery and even old searchlights. I put a 1935 JXD into my 1935 211AD Diamond T to replace the bad JXA. They are interchangeable but the later JXD replaced the gear drive generator with a belt drive generator. Take a look at your old JXA to see what that should look like. The JXD parts are readily available. I got bearings, gaskets, spark plugs, etc. from either NAPA or from tractor supply places. Some JXA parts would be expensive, such as the babbit bearings. Also the JXD engine has about 100 cubic inches more displacement than a JXA and that adds a lot more power. The crank stroke is the same on both engines.
    Fred Puhn
    fredpuhn@cox.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.