my views on life

Homepage Forums Members Area GENERAL B.S. my views on life

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bigland
    Participant

MY OLDEST THOUGHTS

The first thing I remember clearly was trying to walk and how everyone laughed and seemed to love the way I sat down ‘bump’ on my rear. They loved it and I did it for their amusement until one day it started to hurt so I gave it up. I might have been about thirteen.
    The second thing I remember was crawling under the furniture and the comforting feeling I got from being there. One day I could no longer fit, but the need remained and blossomed into a long parade of couch cushion forts, then card table with blanket forts, and finally tree forts in the back woods.
    The first family car I remember was a Ford sedan with a bustle back trunk. The lid was on the top and a kid could crawl in, really cool. It had a rubberized top that leaked so grandma had to sit with an umbrella open in the car when it rained.
    Another first was a TV show called Tom Corbett Space Cadet, rocket ships going to other planets; I still haven’t forgotten it.
    My mother raised Springer Spaniels as many as eighteen at once. Taffy was the mother to all and one of those “best dogs ever” you hear about.
    Bigland

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.