Model 662

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Richardvinton
    Participant

I am in the process of building up a model 662 with late model running gear. I intend to use a ’92 Dodge Cummins engine and 5 speed manual transmission (Getrig temporarily). Chassis is a 70s International 1600. My desire is to have a 65 mph truck using components that have reasonable parts access that will haul 8000 pounds or tow 16000 pounds. My questions are:
    1. Does anyone have experience using the Dodge Cummins diesel in a similar setup?
    2. Does anyone have ideas for location of after-cooler? I have a good cast aluminum radiator and shutters. I am considering mounting Dodge factoryafter-cooler and factory radiator in the aluminum shell. I dislike the idea of modifying the cast aluminum radiator shell, but it would all look stock when the shutters are closed.
    3. An considering using small, three speed brownie with 1.5 overdrive, but this unit is only rated 320 foot pounds and the Dodge Cummins diesel is rated 400 foot pounds. I am not a lead foot, but live in the mountains. Will I have problems?
    4. Any other comments or questions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.