How tall are they?

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General How tall are they?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy Sweeney
    Participant

Having never been in the company of a D.T, can someone confirm the approximate height of the roof on a typical late ’40’s example – 305, 404, 509 etc – I assume they’re all a similar height?

There’s dimension drawings on the net for length and wheelbase etc, but not height?

How tall are they typically?

Thanks.

Jim Power
    Participant

Hey Andy,
    Good question. I went out and measured my 48 509 and she is 80 inches from shop floor to roof and clearance lights. Of course the smaller models will probably measure up a tad shorter as the wheel sizes get smaller. Hope this helps you to imagine. Hope you meet one in person soon. They do impress.
    Cheers jp

Bill Fisher

Check out this posting Andy, I believe it originated from David Payne.
    https://diamondtclassics.club/wp-content/gallery/album203/TMP112_DT_509_DIMENSIONS_8_23_1948.jpg
    Right click it and open in a new page. I find that anything that is in the truck photo or documents and manual files, they won’t open unless you do this.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Bill Fisher.
    Andy Sweeney
    Participant

Thanks – at least I know it will fit in my garage.

Just got to find a dry and rust free example now. I’ve had a look at a few on the East coast but there has been ‘lace curtains’ round the bottom and I’d rather pay a bit more and get a rock sold dry and dusty sun scorched example.

Te search continues…

Andy Sweeney
    Participant

That’s a lovely drawing – but I can’t read any of the dimensions as the resolution is too small. Anyone got a clearer version?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.