Help getting started restoring a 306 dump truck

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General Help getting started restoring a 306 dump truck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joemartin
    Participant

Hello, everyone,

I’m glad to see that this site is coming to life again.

I bought a 1948 306 dump truck in disassembled condition. The prior owner changed his mind on restoration. This truck is in amazingly good condition with only surface rust and minimal dents – even in the dump body. I’ve had this for about 5 years but just now found the time, money, and ambition to pull it together. What I’m in need of right now, if available, is an assembly manual and wiring diagram. Three of my brothers have done restorations like this before and have said that these two documents would be very helpful in speeding up the restoration progress. Any ideas where these would be available?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Joemartin.
    Bill Fisher

Hang in here and maybe someone can help you out with the manuals and schematics, probably the best place to find that stuff. We’ll just have to watch as old members and new alike start trickling in.
    One source of material like that would be ebay if you are patient as well. Good luck and come back often, hopefully someone will have an answer for you.
    I’ll sort through my stuff, although I doubt I have what you need… I have a 509S from ’48.

david payne
    Participant

WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR DIAMOND T TRUCKS.WHEN I WAS SEARCHING FOR DIAMOND T TRUCK LISTINGS ON eBay;
    I DO REMEMBER A SELLER THAT HAD SOME DIAMOND T TRUCK WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR SALE. I WILL SEARCH
    eBay AGAIN FOR THE LISTING OF DIAMOND T TRUCK WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR SALE AND LET YOU KNOW THE SELLERS NAME AND ITEM NUMBER; IF THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE.

Fred Engelhard
    Participant

Hello Joe

I here you are looking for info on wiring. The 306 & 201 use the same wire’s. I do believe
    that Rhode Island Wiring will send you wiring diagram. And they make a great looking and easy to retire harness. (401-789-1955) . They are really nice people and very helpful.

I think I put picture of the 201 wiring diagram on the old site

Still having fun working on my 201

Fred

david payne
    Participant

THE DIAMOND T TRUCK CHASSIS WIRING DIAGRAM LISTED ON eBay WAS FOR A 1950’s DIAMOND T TRUCK.

Bill Fisher

How are you making out with that 306 Joe? Drop us a line to let us know where you are with it. If you get a chance, throw a picture or two up on the “Truck Pictures ” thread.

Joemartin
    Participant

It’s been a while since my last note. Not much has happened physically with the 306 but I have been seeking out sources for key items. I located a rebuilt Autolite GDZ 4811a generator with new regulator for $350. Seems steep but I am probably going to buy it. This was the biggest challenge to date. Thanks for all the information regarding the wiring diagrams and the source for the wiring harness.

I plan to use this thread to update progress as time goes along unless there is a better spot.

Jim Power
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    Looks good. I got my harness for my 509 (48 vintage) from Harnesses Unlimited. If they don’t have your exact harness in their flat files, they welcome you sending your harness remains with as many tags as you can identify and they will make you an exact copy. The quality is fantastic…albiet a tad pricey. I just finished installing mine and it all went without a hitch. They include a work sheet identifying every conductor by number as to location. They also include a schematic.
    Good luck and enjoy the journey.
    jp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.