General information wanted P5300

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General General information wanted P5300

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Howard Helms
    Participant

Hello al,
    New guy here, looking for information on a Diamond T P5300 body I recently purchased. It was being offered as a rat rod project, which seemed a waste and thought I might be worth saving.
    My grandfather had one on the farm in Oklahoma and loved it, so I have kept my eye open for one locally for years. This is the first one i’ve seen.
    The brochures I’ve seen seem to indicate that it is a concrete truck chassis mfg 64 to 66. That would match with the Sand and Gravel, Ready-mix sign on the doors.
    My questions in general are;
    It needs a windshield, so I will probably need to know what year it is, and if it shared the cab with other
    series..
    Has anyone used Classic Flat glass or have recommendations for ws glass?
    What frames might be compatible in 24 ton tandem.
    Thanks
    HH

david payne
    Participant

Howard Helms : HAVE YOU LOOKED FOR A DIAMOND T FACTORY SERIAL NUMBER (?) FOR YOUR 1964 (?) , 1965 (?) , 1966 (?) DIAMOND T MODEL P5300 TRUCK BODY. NOTE: THE DIAMOND T FACTORY SERIAL NUMBER (?) ( stamped on to a tag ) { “might” } be located in the CAB , Passenger side , on (or) near the DASH.

Howard Helms
    Participant

David, thanks for the reply. There is a factory Id plate located on the inside of the glove box but no vin number. The chassis number is 556644, MGW 48000. I haven’t found a vin plate or any stamped numbers anywhere else on the cab or hood. There was no title just a bill of sale with the chassis number.

david payne
    Participant

Howard Helms : IF YOU WRITE TO LEROY GURGANUS , 1309 11st. W. , JASPER , AL. 35501 – 4131 (note: LEROY does “NOT” have a computer) include all the information that you have about your P5300 BODY, chassis number 556644 , MGW 4800 , on a concrete truck chassis , 1964 (?) 1965 (?) 1966 (?). NOTE: LEROY HAS A LIST OF DIAMOND T TRUCKS BY YEAR and MODEL ( LISTED BY THE DIAMOND T FACTORY CHASSIS NUMBER ). QUESTION: IF P5300 (?) SHARED A CAB WITH OTHER SERIES (?) OF DIAMOND T TRUCKS.
    YOU “might” want to include a picture of your P5300 CAB , if you write to LEROY GURGANUS , HE “might” know if the P5300 CAB
    was shared with other series of DIAMOND T TRUCKS. NOTE: I HAVE READ ( on some on line web sites ) that some models (?) of
    DIAMOND T TRUCKS ( 1960’s ? ) SHARED the CAB with some ( 1960’s ? ) REO TRUCK MODELS (?). davidp8208

Howard Helms
    Participant

Thanks David
    In my quest for information I came across Leroy’s telephone number yesterday, and gave him a call. He stated that he didn’t have a lot of information on Diamond T’s after White bought them, due to the fact that there were various combinations of the manufacturing lines, of the companies they owned at a given time.
    He graciously offered to research the information that he had, so hopefully we will have a few more pieces of the puzzle soon.

david payne
    Participant

Howard Helms:I have sent to you a private message about CHASSIS DIMENSIONS & DATA for the P-5300 D T truck. David Payne

Howard Helms
    Participant

Thanks David
    I can’t seem to reply to your PM, but I did get the 65 data sheet. It should be here in a few days.
    Leroy stated that its most likely a 66, possibly a 67… Still digging..

david payne
    Participant

1967 DIAMOND T TRUCK , CONVENTIONAL TANDEMS , P5300 SERIES , WITH REO ENGINE , STANDARD ENGINE MODEL 6-170 ;
    INFORMATION FROM 1970 MOTOR’s TRUCK REPAIR MANUAL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.