finally, I can register!!!

Homepage Forums Members Area GENERAL B.S. finally, I can register!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cliff
    Participant

I had been trying to register through the old site (sending an email) for several years… nice to see the site is actually functional.

I have my Grandfather’s ’49 Model 201 Diamond T. He got it in the early/mid 60’s, and it has an authentic 33k miles on it. It has its share of problems that I am trying to work through one by one. Had the steering box rebuilt–now I can drive over 40mph without taking up two lanes. I just had the brake cylinders all rebuilt and/or replaced.

Next, I will be removing half the spring leaves so the ride is not like a brick. Then the fuel tank… using a boat tank in the bed right now.

Just sayin’ hi…

Cliff

Bill Fisher

Hello Cliff, welcome to the site. Sounds like you have yourself a great truck and it makes it even better that it has some family history with it. Keep us posted on your progress!
    Cheers
    Bill

Cliff
    Participant
    Bill Fisher

Wow Cliff, that sure is a beauty!!

Cliff
    Participant

Only at a distance! The guy who painted it did not bother to sand all of the bondo, much less make it smooth…

Bill Fisher

Makes you wonder what the guy was thinking!?! All that work for paint, and no prep. I inherited a job one time that came with a company truck. The previous superintendent had side swiped a piece of equipment parked in front of the shop and ran a crease all the way along the passenger side. He had his mechanic fix it and paint it. What a mess. Looked like the crease was filled with body filler, applied with a Popsicle stick, then paint once it dried. What a mess. I had all the gear and paint to redo it, so myself and a young labourer fixed it up and gave it a paint job. Installed a new mirror and new company decals to the doors and it looked like new… well, from 10′!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.