DT 211

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dwr
    Participant

Just hauled a ’35 DT 211 into my shop. bodywork is great; windows roll up and down, doors are solid.

Engine is blown apparently. The man I bought it from said they were harvesting with it in the ’50’s when the engine made a lot of noise, and so they parked it until I bought it last winter.

It has a Herc JXA in it. My impression is that there were a lot of those engines made for tractors and combines, so parts may be available. Anyone know about these JXA’s? I also have a ’49 201 that has been restored.

Thanks

Day Radebaugh

Fredpuhn
    Participant

Day, I have a 1935 Diamond T 211AD flatbed truck in original condition. It had a bad JXA engine in it so that needed an overhaul. These trucks came with JX series engines made by Hercules, with JXA being the smallest and JXD being the biggest. They have different bore sizes and some other different internal details, but basically they are interchangeable. I got a JXD engine from a man modernizing his 1935 Diamond T. Since my JXA was really bad I decided to overhaul the JXD. That worked out very well because JXD engines were made for any years after 1935. They also have modern parts such as aluminum pistons and insert bearings instead of cast iron pistons and babbit bearings. I got most parts at NAPA auto parts and tractor parts houses. If you need pistons and bearings you would be better off finding a JXD replacement. The Diamond T engine used a gear driven generator and the later JXD engines used a belt drive generator, so that is an important thing to look for.
    Fred Puhn
    fredpuhn@cox.net

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Fredpuhn.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.