correct tail/brake lights for 48 vintage

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General correct tail/brake lights for 48 vintage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jim Power
    Participant

Greetings; I am interested in seeing what the original tail/brake light fixture would be on a 48 vintage 509 or so. I have a pretty good idea based on the existing support bracket but if anyone has any pics or notes of true OEM item, I would appreciate it much
    thnx analog509

Toolslinger
    Participant

Can’t really help as I have no idea if anything on the back of our ’48 404 is OEM. There are a pile of lights back there, so I imagine some of it is original, but who knows. Should be interesting to see what folks come up with.

-Tim

Bill Fisher

I’ll have a look at mine, and if the lights are there, I’ll take a picture or two and post them.
    Bill

Jim Power
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I look forward to any findings. jp

Bill Fisher

Here’s what I have on the back of mine, Just on the drivers side.
    509 tail lights
    509 Taillights 2509 Taillights 3

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Bill Fisher.
    Bill Fisher

Sorry, the first photo shows a marker light that is on both sides of the deck. The double tail lights are on the drivers side, on the frame under the deck. The bracket and the back brace seem to be pretty standard tail light brackets. Maybe we’ll all see if we can find something similar that would be real accurate.

Jim Power
    Participant

Excellent info sir. Thank you. My bracket is the same. I suspected some form of duo-light fixture. This is very helpful. I had forgotten that once the bed goes back on the frame, there will be more opportunities for good rear lighting beyond the lone bracket. Without the bed, it seems a tad bit spare back there.
    Thank you again for your help.
    I am getting ready to re-mount the nose/radiator assembly in the next few days. It is beginning to look like a truck again.
    I hope to have the fenders sprayed and finished before Winter settles in.
    Be well,
    jp

Toolslinger
    Participant

I’m far from ours currently, but the light closest to the frame in the second photo strike a bell. I believe I have them amongst the array of others hanging down from the bed…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.