509S for sale

Homepage Forums Members Area GENERAL B.S. 509S for sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ernst Hediger
    Participant

As a new member with a truck for sale I was advised to put pictures on a picture sharing website and post a link here. I didn’t have an account and didn’t want a picture account, so I put the pictures on Craigslist and included a link. It is good for 45 days starting July 28, 2015. As I wrote on CL it is a unique truck, a former Ma Bell crew cab service truck with a high rise cab for the crew seating. I had to list a price for CL. If a Diamond-T Classic member is interested the price can be negotiated outside of CL. I have more pictures available as well if someone is interested. Thanks

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/5145930638.html

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Ernst Hediger.
    david payne
    Participant

WHAT IS THE CHASSIS NUMBER (?) OF YOUR 1947 (?) – 1949 (?) DIAMOND T TRUCK MODEL 509S. NOTE: THE SERIAL NUMBER is located on a PLATE on RIGHT SIDE of the COWL (passenger side) , UNDER THE HOOD.
    FOR YOUR INFORMATION: THE BEGINNING SERIAL NUMBER (also known as the CHASSIS NUMBER ; stamped on to the metal plate) for the 1948 MODEL 509 is 50910750. SERIAL NUMBER ( CHASSIS NUMBER ) Information from DIAMOND T TRUCK FACTORY SALES BULLETIN # 914 DEC. 5, 1947 ; ALL PRODUCTION SINCE NOV. 1 CLASSIFIED AS 1948 MODELS.

Ernst Hediger
    Participant

The chassis number is 5090213, making it a 1947. I have a lot more pictures I didn’t post on CL, two of them being the cowling tags. Thanks for solidifying the model year information.

When my dad brought the truck home he said he was told it was a “47.” Over the years various people have stopped to look at it an tell us “it’s not a ’47”, it a “48” or “49.” It’s a xx because of this or it’s an xx because of that. You learn not to argue and fight with them since they appear to be authorities on the issue. Just listen to what they say, take it with a grain of salt and move on.
    It is good to know it is a 1947!
    I edited the CL ad to indicate the correct (and verifiable) year.
    Thanks

Andy Sweeney
    Participant

Did your truck sell in the end as I’m looking for one currently?

Ernst Hediger
    Participant

I still have the truck and yes it still for sale.
    I also sent you a private e-mail with phone number before I learned you live in the UK.
    I will send another private e-mail with more information.

LittleJohn
    Participant

Is this truck still available?

Bill Fisher

I’m Thinking Ernest finally sold it!

Ernst Hediger
    Participant

Bill,
    I have the 509S for sale yet and a second D-T truck I have decided to sell as well. (Dreams you can’t catch up on!)
    I thought this website was gone, so I gave up on it. Glad to see it back.
    If anyone is interested reach me here or my e-mail hedigere@my.uwstout.edu.

Thanks,
    Ernst

Bill Fisher

Hello Ernest!
    Glad you stopped by to tell us you are still interested in selling your trucks. I for one, would like to know where these trucks are and I would be interested in talking to you about them.
    Cheers
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.