20" Hubcaps needed 80S

Homepage Forums Members Area Looking for parts 20" Hubcaps needed 80S

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant

Newbie here!
    I’m starting a search for 4 hubcaps for the 1938 80S that I bought from Mr. Don Reid.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Was a rear bumper ever an option on the 1938 80S?
    Thankfully,
    Al

david payne
    Participant

INFORMATION FROM THE DIAMOND T REGISTER VOLUME 1983 # 1 , pages 6,7,8. ; DIAMONJD T FACTORY INFORMATION ; THE 80 SERIES , Nominal Rating 3/4 Ton , (effective SEPT. 20, 1937); MODEL 80 STANDARD CHASSIS with cowl, 119″ wheelbase, List Price $560.00 and MODEL 80 DELUXE CHASSIS, Deluxe Instrument Panel with Cigar Lighter and Electric Clock, List Price, $622.50. Bodies AND EQUIPMENT ( Tire Carrier and “Rear Bumper Extra” ). NOTE: Chromium Plated “Rear Bumper”, installed … $7.50.
    NOTE: THIS DIAMOND T FACTORY INFORMATION FOR THE MODEL 80 STANDARD CHASSIS , “APPEARS” (?) TO INDICATE THAT THE REAR BUMPER “might” (?) have been available for the Deluxe Model 80 only (?). NOTE: MODEL 80D, EXTRA DELUXE EQUIPMENT: RADIO –
    DIAMOND T PHILCO 6 – TUBE WITH DELUXE CONTROL ON INSTRUMENT PANEL, 19 PLATE BATTERY, AND AERIAL COMPLETELY INSTALLED $50.00. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT: GENERATOR, OVERSIZE, GBY 5 1/2″ , 6 volt, maximum 27 amperes, 200 watts, Charge-Regulated; recommended for use with RADIO , many lights, continuous idling, and provides greater output at lower engine speeds than standard generator… $20.00.

Al
    Participant

Thank you David.
    Just took the 38 T in for some paint work to bring it up a level.
    It’s a heck of a truck mechanically. There is a good leak in the rear main seal…rope I assume.
    Has anyone been able to change the rope seal without pulling the motor?
    Thankfully,
    Al

david payne
    Participant

NOTE: FOR YOUR 1938 MODEL 80S ( STANDARD ) DIAMOND T TRUCK ; ” IF ” (?) you have a REAR MAIN
    ” ROPE ” (?) SEAL ; I DO REMEMBER , IN AN AUTO PARTS STORE ; A PULLER { handle with wire cable } to “Replace” the REAR MAIN ” ROPE ” SEAL. THE INFORMATION ON THE PACKAGE FOR THE PULLER, SAID THAT BY USING THE PULLER, YOU COULD REPLACE THE REAR MAIN ” ROPE ” SEAL With OUT Pulling the Motor.
    Note: this Puller { K & D TOOLS (?) , I WILL CHECK MY K & D TOOL CATALOG } was for a DODGE / PLYMOUTH with a 225 C.I.D. 6 cylinder engine , with a Rear Main “ROPE” Seal.

david payne
    Participant

NOTE: ON LINE SEARCH FOR K & D OIL SEAL REMOVER / INSTALLER , part # KDT492.

Al
    Participant

Thank so much David.
    I’ve tried that before on a 47 Plymouth. Though successful, it became a difficult process.
    I might have someone with more experience give this a try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.