1948 201 Restoration questions

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General 1948 201 Restoration questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rjkinney
    Participant

I am new to the site and just started restoration on a 1948 201 and have a few questions.
    1 How does the horn button come out. And 2 what are guys putting in the drip rails around the top of the cab? if anything

Joemartin
    Participant

Welcome, rj. I am restoring a 306H. Both of our trucks have a lot in common from the cab forward. I will be dealing with the horn button on my truck real soon too. If you don’t get an answer from someone on this forum. I have a contact in Texas that has been very helpful. His name is Tom Warren and his family is in the business of restoring Diamond T’s. If you need any rubber parts, he is the source I used. He has everything that is made of rubber. Everything else, he has a source or an answer. I am doing a full restoration from the frame up. This weekend we will be painting the frame. Next, we will be working on the wheels and the brake systems. I have set a goal to have this truck ready to roll through a parade this year on Father’s Day. Where are you located?

Jim Power
    Participant

Hey there,
    Jim Power here.
    The horn button is pretty simple. Push the button with the palm of your hand as if you are honking it and rotate it from 12 o’clock, counter clockwise to the 10 o’clock position. It will unlock and pop out. There should be the button itself, a brass cup (or two). You should then be able to see the ‘hot’ wire button coming out of the center bakelite insulator. Hope this helps.

rjkinney
    Participant

Thanks, I will give it a try this weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.