1948 201 Paint

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rjkinney
    Participant

Does anybody know what the code and color is for the interior and for the engine of a 1948 model 201?

david payne
    Participant

A REVIEW OF PAST COMMENTS FROM SOME DIAMOND T TRUCK OWNERS IN THE FORUMS ABOUT PAINT COLOR FOR THE INTERIOR ( TAN , code ? ) AND THE ENGINE COLOR ( GREY , code ? ).

david payne
    Participant

INSIDE CAB INTERIOR PAINT COLOR TAN : Dupont 5415 – A ;
    note: this paint information was published in the DIAMOND T REGISTER VOLUME 1982 NUMBER 1 ;
    PUBLISHED BY BILL WIELINSKI ( EDITOR ).
    NOTE: THE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION FOR DIAMOND T TRUCKS , “could be” PAINTED “MEDIUM GRAY”.
    Information provided by BILL WIELINSKI ( EDITOR ) of the DIAMOND T REGISTER.

david payne
    Participant

NOTE: INFORMATION FROM AN ARTICLE BY Bill Pohl about the RESTORATION of his DIAMOND T TRUCK ;
    HE USED DUPONT CENTARI ACRYLIC ENAMEL ;
    THE NAME FOR THE INSIDE CAB TAN PAINT IS SAHARA BEIGE.

rjkinney
    Participant

I have seen a lot of grey engines in pictures but I’m wondering if that’s the only color they were. Mine seems to have been a dull green. I like the green better than grey but I also want the truck to be correct when complete. I don’t think the engine has ever been repainted so Im not sure which way to go. Anybody else out there seen anything other than grey?
    Thanks

Gary Nielsen
    Participant

I am also looking for the engine color. Just doing a rebuild and like to be correct to original

rjkinney
    Participant

Any other engine colors out there?

rjkinney
    Participant

After cleaning up my oil pan it looks like it was an army green color.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.