Questions aboute Brass Nameplates

Homepage Forums Members Area Truck Talk, in General Questions aboute Brass Nameplates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Diamond Ted
    Participant

I’m cleaning up and repainting the brass nameplates on my 201. The background paint is green (it’s been repainted by brush before). I’ve seen some with green background and some with black. (1) Was there a pattern to this by model? (2) which is the proper one for a Model 201?

david payne
    Participant

Diamond Ted : WHAT IS THE COLOR { HOOD and CAB } (?) OF YOUR MODEL 201 DIAMOND T TRUCK.
    I WOULD THINK THAT THE GREEN OR BLACK BACKGROUND PAINT on your Brass Name Plates { might be ? } related to the color of your
    model 201 DIAMOND T TRUCK.

Diamond Ted
    Participant

The truck is painted red. It’s been re-painted at some point so I’m not sure if it was red originally. When it was repainted, it was a kind of back yard job (doesn’t have the signature green stripe around cab) I’m not painting the truck, just refreshing the brass. I’ve seen both green and black on red trucks before but was wondering if it depended on the size of the truck?? Appreciate the input, David.

Bill Fisher

Well, I can’t be sure, but mine is black on my ’47 509 and it’s a gas powered unit. The only green background I’ve seen seemed to be on a diesel powered unit. Not a fact, just an observation.
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.